Run for Hope & Change
Go the extra mile (or 5!) to support women and children at the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre (DEWC).
Friends, neighbours, community and family… on June 26, 2016, DEWC is participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and seeking your support. Register to walk or run in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5k or 1/2 Marathon Run, then raise funds for the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre, an important service for Women and Children in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
Steps to Register and Fundraise:
1. Register to walk or run for DEWC here!
Select Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre as your charity & enter charity pin code 16VDEWC for a discount. TIP: Register more than one person and receive an additional 10% off.
2. Set up your fundraising page here!
TIP: Cut and paste information from the toolkit to customize your page.
3. Create a Team – ask your family, friends, co-workers or neighbours to join (optional)
4. Encourage your friends, family, coworkers, neighbours to sponsor you or to join this event. TIP: Email directly from your fundraising page. Don’t forget to share discount code 16VDEWC.
5. Download our Run for Hope and Change Tool Kit
6. Get your running shoes on and come out on June 26th for a fun morning walk or run – Do it for DEWC!
Since 1978, the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre has provided a safe space for women and children in the Downtown Eastside. We provide practical support, basic necessities and hot nutritious meals to over 500 women and children every day. We support women to make positive changes in their lives by connecting them to a continuum of services including outreach, advocacy, wellness, recreation, housing and skills development. Learn more here.