The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre welcomes first and foremost your financial donations, as this strengthens our continued operation and allows the most effective provision of our essential services. However, we are always grateful for your in-kind donations in assisting the work we do.
Please note | When bringing a large donation, call ahead so we can best assist you: 604-681-8480 ext. 250. We appreciate you bringing donations in ready-to-drop bags and containers (ex. garbage bags, cardboard boxes) as we do not have the resources to empty bags upon drop-off. Thank you for your kind consideration and your generosity!
We are always accepting in-kind donations of:
- Blankets and linens
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Feminine hygiene products (menstrual pads, incontinence supplies – Tena, Poise)
- Toiletries – shampoo and conditioner (travel sized preferred), new soap, hand cream and makeup
- Socks, underwear, bras (new or gently used)
- Coats and rain gear
- Women’s clothing (new or gently used, should be clean and in good repair)
- Reading glasses
- DVDs, books, magazines
- Arts and craft supplies such as beads and beading supplies, knitting needles, crochet hooks, yarn or wool, buttons
If you have an item to donate, but are not sure if it’s appropriate, for special seasonal needs, or if you have any other questions, feel free to call. Sorry, we are unable to arrange pick-ups. Please click here to find a list of other organizations that may accept items not on our wishlist.
Donations can be dropped off at:
Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
302 Columbia Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 4J1
Item Donation Drop-off Hours:
Monday-Tuesday: 10 am – 12 pm, 2:30-4.30 pm
Wednesday: 2:30-4:30 pm
Thursday-Friday: 10 am – 12 pm, 2:30-4.30 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 2:30-4:30 pm
Ring the doorbell if locked and don’t hesitate to ask for assistance from staff if you require help carrying things in. A GENTLE REMINDER: We are a women’s only space, and all male donors dropping off items will kindly be asked to seek assistance by ringing the doorbell while remaining outside the centre. We greatly appreciate your cooperation with this policy.
Thank you for your support!