New Job Openings
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
DEWC is seeking a skilled, highly organized HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR with excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre (DEWC) is a Drop-In Centre and Emergency Night Shelter offering a wide variety of services and programs to a diverse community of women and children living in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver.
The Human Resources Administrator undertakes the day-to-day operations of the organization’s Human Resources administrative functions and duties. Reporting to the Executive Director, she works with the DEWC Management Team to implement and facilitate best Human Resources practices that are in compliance with current legislation, governing documents, Collective Agreement, and policies and procedures.
- The HR Administrator supports all aspects of staff hiring including recruitment, establishing hiring committees, preparing letters of offer, and preparing and conducting orientations and refreshers to HR policies and procedures;
- She establishes, maintains, and updates personnel files and documents ensuring compliance to PIPEDA, including archiving HR documents and files ensuring their appropriate storage;
- The HR Administrator schedules staff shifts and maintain all work schedules for the Drop In Center and Night Shelter, including: maintaining the casual call-in phone list, receiving and processing staff vacations, and maintaining attendance records;
- She Administers staff wages including processing payroll and approving timesheets.
- She administers, maintains and processes employee wages and benefits including responding to various related systems such as WCB, EI, MPP, MSP, Extended Health & LTD, BCGEU, employee references and confirmation of employment; and
- Develops, maintains and updates the HR manual, staff memo’s and personnel practices which are in line with the collective agreement and other relevant policies and legislation.
- Minimum 5 years related human resources administration experience preferable within a not-for-profit, unionized environment
- Demonstrated computer and IT aptitude including Word, Excel, QuickBooks and databases
- Efficient organizational skills including record keeping, scheduling, problem-solving and crisis management abilities
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to work in a respectful and cooperative manner with co-workers and centre members
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the issues impacting women in the DTES, including violence against women, mental health, homelessness, exclusion and addictions
- Candidate must work from strong feminist analysis and within an anti-oppression framework
- Conflict resolution skills and practice as well as crisis intervention training and experience
- Ability to work within a chaotic environment and with a diverse community of women
- A First Aid certificate is required
- Candidate must undergo a criminal record check
- Women with addiction issues need to be at least 2 years clean and sober
POSITION DETAILS: $23.50/hour @ 35 hours/ per week; full-time, permanent
Excellent health and welfare benefits at the conclusion of a successful probationary period including working a 9 day fortnight flex schedule
POSTING DETAILS: Submit cover letter and resume to the HR Administrator Hiring Committee, via fax (604) 681-8470 or email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: January 19th, 2017 @ 5pm
Aboriginal women and women of colour are strongly encouraged to apply.
**Please NO phone call or email enquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**