Walk or Run in Support of DEWC: Join us at the Scotiabank Half Marathon and 5K Charity Challenge.
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge is an opportunity to raise huge community support for DEWC, with no added cost to our organization. That means the funds you raise go straight towards safe space, basic needs, and empowering community for women of the Downtown Eastside. Last year we exceeded our goal of $25,000. Let’s make this year even bigger!
Update: June 8, 2018: The 5K is now sold out, but we could really use your help getting to our $30,000 goal! We’re fundraising for our kitchen program, which serves hundreds of meals daily to women in the Downtown Eastside. Pitch to Team DEWC and spread the word to your friends and family. Every dollar makes a difference!
Register now and multiply your impact!
1. REGISTER | Register to run at www.vancouverhalf.com. You’ll be asked to login using your Canada Running Series username and password, or create a new account. Once asked if you’re participating in the Charity Challenge, choose YES and select The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre as your charity. Don’t forget your Charity Pin for a discount!
- Code for Half Marathon: 18DEWC21K
- Code for 5K: 18DEWC5K
2. SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE | You’ll be directed to your personalized fundraising page. Since this page is hosted on Artez, a different platform, you will have to use a different login. Later, when you want to edit this page, this login information is what you need, so keep it somewhere you can access. A unique link for your personalized page will be sent to you by email. This is the page you can send to supporters so they can sponsor you online!
3. START FUNDRAISING & SPREAD THE WORD | Join our team, Team DEWC, to gather momentum and share successes, or start your own! Encourage your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbours to sponsor you using your fundraising page. Recruit other runners to join you in support of DEWC. Brainstorm fundraising ideas for the months ahead: bake/craft sales, people to write, or events where you can pitch the proceeds towards your total.
Download our fundraising toolkit to help spread the word and get sponsors!
- Facebook/Twitter cover photo
- Pledge form for offline/cash donations
- Fundraising letter template
- Fundraising ideas
If you have questions about registration or the run, we’re more than happy to assist you. Contact Celine at email@example.com or 604.681.8480 ext. 250 (in office Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10 am-6 pm).