Support the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre in the 2020 Virtual Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
Join Team DEWC for the Virtual Scotiabank Charity Challenge! Due to COVID-19, this event has been moved to a virtual format, but current registrants can still support from a distance by fundraising and running their own individual race.
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge raises up to $25,000 a year for our essential meal program – all through the efforts of our supporters running or walking for DEWC. Help us reach our goals with this year’s virtual race!
Join us in supporting safety, dignity and empowerment for women in the Downtown Eastside:
1. REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL RACE
Are you already registered?
The in-person race may be cancelled, but you can still run to make a difference up to September 18, 2020! Canada Running Series is working hard to provide a fun virtual event for runners already registered. All registered runners should have received an access code to re-register for the virtual race. Learn more.
Looking to join Team DEWC?
- Register to run the half-marathon, 5k, or 10k virtual race with this unique link. Remember to select Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre as your charity of choice and join the DEWC team! Click here to learn more about DEWC and detailed steps on registering.
- Set up your fundraising page! A link specific to your registration will be sent to you by email.
Not looking to run, but want to support? Click here to support our virtual racers as they run to support women of the Downtown Eastside!
3. FUNDRAISE FROM A DISTANCE
Fundraising in the middle of a pandemic means new fundraising strategies. Some COVID-19 friendly fundraising ideas include:
- A Distance Bakesale: Do an online bake sale and provide contact-less delivery for your delicious baked goods!
- A Virtual Class/Lesson: Do an online yoga, fitness, or cooking class to raise money for DEWC.
- Sew Masks: Use online templates to create masks for friends, family, and neighbours, with proceeds benefiting the DEWC!
3. SPREAD THE WORD
COVID-19 has had a drastic impact on our community and our needs. Share your fundraising page or DEWC’s team fundraising page on social media and with friends, family, and co-workers to provide ongoing support for our crucial programs and services.
4. RUN FOR DEWC
Get your running shoes on to walk or run anytime between June 28th and September 18! You may be physically distanced,
but team DEWC will be running beside you in spirit. Be sure to tag us in your photos!
Our essential meal program is 100% donor-funded.
We’re fundraising for our kitchen program, which serves hundreds of meals daily to women in the Downtown Eastside. Support Team DEWC and spread the word to your friends and family. Every dollar makes a difference!
If you have questions about registration or the run, we’re more than happy to assist you. Contact Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.681.8480 ext. 350 (in office Tuesdays-Friday, 9 am-5 pm).