Scotiabank Half-Marathon & 5k
Support the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre in the 2021 Virtual Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
Join Team DEWC for the Virtual Scotiabank Charity Challenge! Due to COVID-19, this event has been moved to a virtual format, but current registrants can still support from a distance by fundraising and running their own individual race.
Each year, the Scotiabank Charity Challenge raises up to $25,000 for our essential programs – all through the efforts of our supporters running or walking for DEWC. Help us reach our goals with this year’s virtual race!
This year, all proceeds for DEWC will support our meals program and funding for new satellite spaces to provide additional safe spaces for women in the Downtown Eastside. As we face the recent effects that COVID-19 has had on our community, shelter, services, and compassionate care are more crucial than ever for the women we serve.
Help us reach our goals in creating additional spaces and continuing our essential services with this year’s virtual race by signing up to be a runner or walker!
Join us in supporting safety, dignity and empowerment for women in the Downtown Eastside
1. REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL RACE
Looking to join Team DEWC?
- Register to run the half-marathon, 5k, or 10k virtual race with this unique link. Remember to select Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre as your charity of choice and join the DEWC team!
- Set up your fundraising page! A link specific to your registration will be sent to you by email.
2. FUNDRAISE FROM A DISTANCE
Fundraising in the middle of a pandemic means new fundraising strategies. Click here for our Fundraising Toolkit!
Some COVID-19 friendly fundraising ideas include:
- A Distance Bakesale: Do an online bake sale and provide contact-less delivery for your delicious baked goods!
- A Virtual Class/Lesson: Do an online yoga, fitness, or cooking class to raise money for DEWC.
- Sew Masks: Use online templates to create masks for friends, family, and neighbours, with proceeds benefiting the DEWC!
3. SPREAD THE WORD
COVID-19 has had a drastic impact on our community and our needs. Share your fundraising page or DEWC’s team fundraising page on social media and with friends, family, and co-workers to provide ongoing support for our crucial programs and services.
Use the following resources to share news about the event and promote your fundraising initiative for DEWC:
4. RUN FOR DEWC
Get your running shoes on to walk or run anytime between June 2nd and July 5th! You may be physically distanced,
but team DEWC will be running beside you in spirit. Be sure to tag us in your training photos and on the day of the event using #RunforDEWC.
Our essential meal program is 100% donor-funded.
We’re fundraising for our kitchen program, which serves hundreds of meals daily to women in the Downtown Eastside. Support Team DEWC and spread the word to your friends and family. Every dollar makes a difference!
If you have questions about registration or the run, we’re more than happy to assist you. Contact Ali at email@example.com or 604.681.8480 ext. 350 (in office Tuesday-Friday).